The College is observing Summer hours May 13-July 26. Click here for details.

Rhodes State College uses DegreeWorks, an online tool to help students monitor progress toward degree or certificate completion. DegreeWorks matches coursework (completed, currently enrolled, or registered for in the future) to a student's degree/certificate requirements in an easy-to-read worksheet that shows how the courses count toward degree/certificate requirements.

With DegreeWorks students can:

  • Establish an academic plan
  • Check completed and in-progress coursework against program requirements
  • Run “What-If” audits to explore how credits may apply to other programs of study
  • Calculate projected GPA
  • Work with an advisor to prepare for graduation

DegreeWorks is available to all students. Advisors, faculty, and selected staff also have access for the purpose of supporting students' progress through their academic career.

To access DegreeWorks: 

  • Login into STARS
  • Click on Student Services
  • Click on DegreeWorks link  (Your username is your Rhodes State College email address without the

DegreeWorks User Guide

If you have questions, please contact your advisor.  

Frequently Asked Questions

No, you must register online using STARS Online.
The information in Degree Works is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in Degree Works tomorrow.
A DegreeWorks audit is a curriculum evaluation of the degree or certificate you are pursuing or thinking of pursuing. Each block within the audit works as a checklist with boxes that are automatically checked when a requirement is met.
There could be several reasons why information in DegreeWorks is not up to date. One is that DegreeWorks may not have been refreshed since a change was made (information is refreshed nightly) to a student record. Second, there could be pending paperwork that has not been processed (course substitution, change of major, etc.) If you have recently submitted an academic form, check with your advisor.
Yes. Once grades have been posted at the end of the term, they are viewable in Degree Works.
Yes. On the Audits tab, click on the Class History link at the top for a list of courses taken at Rhodes as well as transfer and any other alternative credit awarded.
All withdrawn courses, courses with grade of 0.0 and any repeated courses will show under the Insufficient Courses heading. Note that any repeated courses, though excluded from the GPA calculation on your transcript, still appear here, but are now identified by zero credits. Repeated courses with higher grades will show above and count towards fulfilling your degree/certificate requirements.
No. You should contact your advisor to get your major changed.
Once AP scores are received from College Board or your official transcripts are received from your previous institution(s), they will be evaluated and credit will be awarded to your record and will appear on the audit.
Your audit will outline courses needed to meet degree/certificate requirements within each block. You can also see a consolidated list of courses not yet completed by selecting Registration Checklist from the Worksheets menu. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your advisor.
Please ask your advisor for assistance. The first step is to clarify what information you believe is wrong.
These are the most common problems and courses of action:
  • My major is wrong on my audit. If you have not officially changed your major, contact your advisor. If you have officially changed your major, the DegreeWorks audit will display only your active audit. If the program change is effective for a future term, the change will not reflect until that term.
  • The requirements for my major are wrong. Note the Catalog Year that appears on the major requirements block of the audit. According to your official academic record, this is the catalog that you are following to complete your major requirements. If you believe you should be using older or newer curriculum requirements, contact your advisor.
  • My transfer courses do not appear in the right place. If you are concerned about a transfer course that should be applied in the audit, contact the Registrar’s Office.
  • Classes are not applying in the right place. DegreeWorks uses a “best fit” approach to meet requirements, so classes may apply to different sections as you take more courses. If you have further questions, please contact your advisor or the Registrar’s Office.
  • The course substitution I’m expecting is not showing on my audit. Check with your advisor to be sure the proper paperwork has been completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Once substitutions have been processed and a new audit has been run, the change will appear on the audit.
  • Before registering for an upcoming semester.
  • After you register to ensure that the courses apply to your program requirements.
  • After grades are posted for each semester.
  • Any time changes are made to your schedule or major.
  • An audit can be reviewed at any time; however, it is recommended to do so at least twice a semester.
Your audit is a tool to provide you with academic information related to your degree/certificate progress. It displays courses required and completed in your program. Your transcript is your official academic record and provides a chronological list of courses completed and other academic information.
This is a wild card in DegreeWorks. For example, if the @ sign is followed by course numbers (@1000:2999), it means that you may take a course in any subject area within the specified course number range. In this case, any 1000-2000 level course in any subject area is allowed.
Please contact your advisor.
You can use the "What-If" option on the Audits tab to create an audit based on requirements for the program you’re interested in. Be sure to select a Degree/Certificate, Catalog term and Major. “What-If” audits do not guarantee admission to every course or program. Health Programs have separate requirements to be accepted. If you decide you'd like to change your major, contact the Office of Advising to be connected with the advisor of the new major for information and instructions.
Since “What-If” audits are not stored in DegreeWorks, your advisor can only see your results if the two of you work through a “What-If” procedure together. You can, however, print a copy to show your advisor.