For the latest Covid information, click here for details

You’ve served our country, now let Rhodes State serve you. If you are eligible to receive veterans benefits, contact our Veterans Certifying Official Jeff Engle by emailing

You may also contact the Financial Aid office by calling 419-995-8802 or by emailing

Getting Started

Veteran Enrollment Checklist

Rhodes State College has provided you with this list which will help guide you through the enrollment process. Please complete these steps and submit all requested documentation:

STEP 1: Apply and complete all three of the following:

For assistance, call the VA Education Benefits Department at 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GIBILL1)

Step 2:  Request and submit ALL sealed (un-opened) official transcripts from college/universities attended and military transcripts to Rhodes State College, Office of the Registrar, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima, OH 45804 in order to apply all appropriate credit to your academic record.

  • For Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy transcripts, request online through Joint Services Transcripts. Click here for transcripts.
  • For Air Force transcripts, request online through Community College of the
    Air Force. Click here for transcripts.

Military transcripts received will be reviewed and credit awarded based on ACE (American Council on Education) recommendations for coursework applicable to a student’s program

ACE Military Credit Evaluation by Occupation

STEP 3: Meet with the Rhodes VA Certifying Official in Public Service Building, Room 150, to complete and submit .

Also submit a copy of DD-214, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), or military orders.

STEP 4: Connect with your Success Navigator

Your Success Navigator will guide you through the rest of the enrollment process and will help you work with our Veterans Financial Aid specialist.