When there are unusual situations or circumstances that impact your federal student aid eligibility, federal regulations give a financial aid administrator discretion or professional judgment on a case-by-case basis and with adequate documentation to make adjustments to the data elements on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form that impact your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to gain a more accurate assessment of your family's ability to contribute to your cost of education. The Department of Education does not have the authority to override a school's professional judgment decision.

If you are currently struggling to pay for school because of a loss or reduction of employment, wages, or unemployment compensation; or divorce, separation, or death of spouse or parent, contact the Financial Aid office and see if you qualify for a Pell Grant or a Subsidized Loan.

Call (419) 995-8802 or email finaid@rhodesstate.edu for help or more information.