The College is observing Summer hours May 13-July 26. Click here for details.

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is a voluntary, national initiative established to allow member states to offer online courses outside each institution’s state by seeking and maintaining state approvals via a streamlined process. State participation in SARA assists institutions to remain compliant with other member SARA state’s regulatory agencies. Learn more about SARA.

On March 2, 2015, the Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC) approved the State of Ohio to join SARA. Rhodes State College was approved as part of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) on February 23, 2016

Current authorized SARA member states include 49 member states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Rhodes State College online courses and programs are permitted in all fifty states, including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. 

*Students are responsible for notifying the institution if their permanent state of residency changes.
A change in their state of residence may affect their ability to take classes and/or complete a degree from Rhodes State College.

Approved SARA States

Map showing states Rhodes State can offer online coureseProfessional Licensure Programs

Out-of-state students interested in a professional licensure program at Rhodes State College should first contact their home state licensing agency or the professional association. Ohio licensing requirements may not apply in other states. SARA does not provide reciprocity for state professional licensing requirements. Academic programs and individual graduates must meet standards set by that state’s licensure requirements in order for a graduate to be eligible for a license.

Student Complaints

Student Complaints: Students who are enrolled in a Rhodes State College course who have a complaint about a course or experience should follow the
Rhodes State College Student Complaint/Grievance Policy.  If necessary, students may also contact Columbus State's state licensing agency - Ohio Department of Higher Education, 25 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215, 614-466-6000, or the college's accreditor - Higher Learning Commission, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, 800-621-7440.

Students residing outside Ohio who are taking course work at a distance and desire to resolve a grievance, will be directed to the College's Grade Appeal and Student Grievance Policies. If an issue cannot be resolved internally through the Office of Student Affairs, students may file a complaint with their state of residence. State Entity contact information can be found at State Portal Entity Contacts.