The Administrative Office Technology program at Rhodes State College prepares individuals to serve as administrative support personnel and office managers. These individuals receive extensive course work and hands-on training in traditional office skills, the latest software applications, and supervisory and managerial skills. Emphasis is placed on the following areas:
- Managing the information flow in the office;
- Handling client/customer relations;
- Providing effective communication within the organization and with the general public and the business community;
- Solving problems and making decisions; and
- Supervising other workers.