Rhodes State College will establish a semester conversion plan which promotes a working partnership with students to ensure that they are not disadvantaged during their transition to semesters. For that reason, each degree/certificate-seeking student enrolled at Rhodes State prior to Fall 2012 shall receive the following Pledge from Rhodes State:
No Loss of CreditCredits earned by you in your chosen program before the semester conversion will be applied after the conversion.
No Extended Time to GraduationIf you are on track to complete your degree within a certain timeframe at the point of semester conversion and follow your Individual Transitioning Academic Plan (ITAP), you will be able to complete your degree and graduate on time.
No Increased CostsYour annual tuition and fees will not be greater for a two-semester academic year than for the three-quarter academic year system. Please note that the College may implement annual tuition increases as authorized by the Board of Trustees.
Our Pledge to Students is established on a set of expectations for both the College and the students. The following expectations shall serve as the basis for honoring the Pledge:
Rhodes State College will:
- provide appropriate and accessible advising resources to assist each qualifying student in developing an ITAP that defines a path toward degree completion; and
- provide instructional resources and courses needed by the student to complete the ITAP, and/or a revised plan to accommodate for the needed course.
The qualifying student will:
- work with an appropriate advisor to complete and sign-off on the ITAP that will be maintained as a part of the student’s record; and
- understand that the Pledge will be honored only if the student:
- meets with an appropriate College advisor and completes an ITAP,
- follows the prescribed ITAP as agreed upon,
- maintains continuous enrollment, and
- achieves passing grades in all assigned ITAP courses.