Tips for Using the Mathematics and Science Skills Center
- Take charge of your own learning - and form your own "study groups" for your math classes - and then meet in the MSSC.
- Get to know the student Peer Tutors who are available for your specific classes.
- Practice your Math Skills and Applications.
- Keep in mind that "doing homework" is very different than "studying" and you need to plan time and DO BOTH to be successful.
- Remember that there is a learning curve, which begins very slowly when you first become acquainted with new concepts, skills, tools and applications. Take time and plan ahead and schedule enough study and MSSC time to meet your needs.