Rhodes State College Career Services, located in Public Service Building 150, offers career-related events, resources and services to students and alumni.
Computers and a printer are available for students and alumni to use as they prepare their cover letter and resume, and conduct their job search campaign. To schedule an appointment, please contact 419-995-8352 or career email@example.com.
Career Exploration (Advising)
- The Director is available to assist students and alumni in their quest to: Identify interests and strengths, and understand how interests match majors; select and evaluate majors, and explore career opportunities; evaluate career choices based on national trends and forecasts; develop skills that set applicants apart; and strategically plan major, electives, and activities to support career goals.
What Can I Do With This Major?
- Wondering how to connect majors to careers? Click on MAJORS of interest to see outlines of common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities. Choose LINKS to find a list of websites that provide additional information. Select PRINTABLE for a PDF version. Understand that the areas and websites are representative of typical career paths associated with each major and not a comprehensive list. Explore multiple majors to learn about a wide range of career opportunities.
Career Resource Library
FOCUS-2 – Online, Interactive Career & Education Planning System
- Use access code “RHODES”
- Identifies the major areas of study at your school matching your assessment results.
- Integrates the results of your interests, personality, values and skills assessment.
- Helps your narrow your results to plan your education and career.
- Store your results in an online Student Portfolio.
College Central Network (CCN)
- Student employment, part-time, co-op/internship, and full-time opportunities are posted via CCN.
- Students and alumni are encouraged to research employers, apply for positions, arrange interviews, upload resumes to participate in our résumé referral service, view career events, review resources, and conduct research.
- Contact Career Services if you have specific questions on how to set up your account, search for positions, or upload your resume and/or other career documents.
Job Search Assistance
- The Director is available to meet with students and alumni to: Discuss the importance of an internship experience; strengthen your ability to launch a successful job search campaign; and explore and prepare for four-year college/university (bachelor’s degree) transfer opportunities.
- Services are offered in business etiquette; cover letter and résumé critique and construction; portfolio development; developing job search strategies and techniques; geographical relocation information; identification of potential employers; interview preparation, techniques and follow-up procedures; salary information and negotiation; and professional dress.
- Mock Interviews are considered one of the best ways to prepare for an interview. It allows you to gain experience and practice in answering questions likely to be asked during an interview and receive honest feedback. The mock interview is about twenty minutes in length, followed by a discussion of your performance. Please allow 30 minutes for the appointment.
- Job Fairs, Mock Interview Days, Employer Spotlight Series, Professional Development Series, Transfer Day (four-year college or university), and Career Day (career exploration for high school juniors), etc. Please contact our office or CCN for the most up-to-date events schedule.