Rhodes State College Career Services, located in the Public Service Building, Suite 150, offers career-related events, resources and services to students and alumni.
Computers and printers are available for students and alumni to use as they prepare their cover letter and resume, and research potential employers. For more information about the Career Services or to schedule an appointment, call 419-995-8352 or e-mail email@example.com.
Career Exploration (Advising)
- The Director is available to assist students and alumni in their quest to: Identify interests and strengths; understand how interest match educational majors; select and evaluate educational majors; explore career opportunities related to educational major; evaluate career choices based on national trends and forecasts; develop skills that set applicants apart; and strategically plan major, electives, and activities to support career goals.
What Can I Do With This Major?
- Wondering how to connect majors to careers? Click on MAJORS of interest to see outlines of common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities. Choose LINKS to find a list of websites that provide additional information. Select PRINTABLE for a PDF version. Understand that the areas and websites are representative of typical career paths associated with each major and not a comprehensive list. Explore multiple majors to learn about a wide range of career opportunities.
Career Resource Library
FOCUS-2 – Online, Interactive Career & Education Planning System
- Use access code “RHODES”
- Identifies the major areas of study at your school matching your assessment results.
- Integrates the results of your interests, personality, values and skills assessment results.
- Helps your narrow your results to plan your education and career.
- Store your results in an online Student Portfolio.
College Central Network (CCN)
- Full-time professional, part-time, and co-op/internship opportunities are posted via CCN and in notebooks located in Career Services.
- Students and alumni are encouraged to research employers, apply for positions, arrange interviews, upload resumes to participate in our résumé referral service, view career events, review resources, and conduct research.
- Contact Career Services if you have specific questions on how to set up your account, search for positions, or upload your resume and/or other career documents.
- Click Sign-Up and complete the required information using your Rhodes State email account.
- Search/store jobs from all major job boards, company websites, newspapers and anywhere else a job is posted on the internet.
- Get inside contact information, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
Job Search Assistance
- The Director is available to meet with students and alumni to: Discuss importance of internship experience; strengthen your ability to launch a successful job campaign; and explore and prepare for 4 – year college/university transfer opportunities.
- Services are offered in business meal etiquette; cover letter and résumé critique and construction; portfolio development; developing job search strategies and techniques; geographical relocation information; identification of potential employers; interview preparation, techniques and follow-up procedures; negotiation and salary information; and professional dress.
- Mock Interviews are considered one of the best ways to prepare for an interview. It allows you to gain experience and practice in answering questions likely to be asked during an interview and receive honest feedback. The mock interview is about twenty minutes in length, followed by a discussion of your performance. Please allow one hour for the appointment.
- Fall Job Fair, Mock Interview Days, Spring Job Fair, 4-Year College/University Transfer Day, Employer Spotlight Series, Passport to Employment Series, etc. Please contact our office or access the College Central Network (CCN) for the most up-to-date events schedule.