Check Out Rhodes State
Admissions – 6 Steps
Are you ready to take the first step toward your future? With just six easy steps you can become a Rhodes State student. Students of all ages, backgrounds, and academic abilities are welcome, and we have a variety of education options designed to meet your needs. If you are looking for a certificate, an associate’s degree, or an advanced degree from another college or university, Rhodes State is a smart higher education option.
As a state-assisted institution, Rhodes has an “open door” admissions policy. Any Ohio resident or out-of-state resident who graduates from high school (chartered or non-chartered, home school, private, or public) or has a Certificate of High School Equivalence (GED) will be admitted. However, admission to the College does not guarantee direct admission to a particular course or program.
Now, here are those Six Steps…
- Spend some time on our website exploring possible programs of study and determine your major interest.
- Complete the online application (you can find it here or at the top of any page on our website).
- Pay the $25 application fee online via our secure site or by submitting a check or money order to: Rhodes State College, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima OH 45804.
- Request that your official HS transcript or GED scores and any prior college transcripts be mailed to: Rhodes State Office of Admissions, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima OH 45804
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov (The financial aid year runs from July through June. You will use your 2012 tax information for this process and you may complete the process for the 2013-2014 financial aid year after January 1, 2013.) It is best to complete your FAFSA after you have completed your taxes.
- Your acceptance letter will be mailed with you as well as information regarding COMPASS® placement testing and New Student Orientation. Please be sure to test and register for orientation when you receive the information.