Phi Theta Kappa is the world’s oldest and largest honorary society for two year colleges. Membership is open to any Rhodes State College student who meets the eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for membership:
- You must have completed at least 2 semesters at Rhodes State College with at least 20 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree.
- Your status must be considered full-time.
- You must have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the Alpha Tau Mu Chapter of Rhodes State College.
- You must adhere to the moral standards of the society.
Letters of Eligibility for Membership will be delivered to eligible students in September and January of each academic year. Questions may be directed to Ann Best at 419-995-8080 or email@example.com.
Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team
The Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team recognizes high achieving two-year college students. These students must demonstrate academic excellence and intellectual rigor combined with leadership and service that extends their education beyond the classroom to benefit society.
- Fifty students will be named Gold Scholars, each receiving $1,500 scholarships
- Fifty students will be named Silver Scholars, each receiving $1,250 scholarships; and
- Fifty students will be named Bronze Scholars, each receiving $1,000 scholarships.
A state may have multiple Gold, Silver or Bronze Scholars. The Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team awards $187,500 in scholarships annually. To be eligible for this program, students must submit an application for the All-USA Community College Academic Team and be selected as a nominee by their college. The application process opens in October and applications are due in early December each year. Contact Ann Best to receive an application.