First Year Experience Course
- What is the purpose of the orientation course?
SDE-1010 First Year Experience contains essential information about the College as well as information on assessment of student learning. Moreover, the course will explain the electronic portfolio submission process.
- Who will be required to take the course?
All new students are required to take the one credit hour offering as a general college requirement. Students will take it during their first two terms at Rhodes State College.
- Is the orientation course required for graduation?
Yes. The course must be taken to satisfy graduation requirements from Rhodes State. Additionally, you will submit an e-portfolio assignment on diversity as a requirement for successful completion of SDE-1010.
- When should the course be taken?
The course should be taken as early as possible, preferably your first term of attendance at the college.
- In what format will the course be offered?
The course can be taken in a traditional classroom setting or a distance learning option is available.